Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Filling an extruded hole in Sheetmetal

skennedy33

I have a sheetmetal part that has a punched out logo. The part will be used in both a left side and right side configuration, mirror images of each other, except for the logo. Currently, the design on the left side part is complete. But when I mirror the part for the right side, the punched logo appears backwards. I've tried extruding the material back through on the mirrored version to fill the punched out logo, but it does not seem to work.

How can I mirror the part with the exception of the logo while still maintaining dependency between the left and right side so that when the left is updated, the right updates as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The right procedure would be...
  1. Create the LHS part.
  2. Create the RHS part by mirroring...
  3. create a punch form for the TEXT.
  4. Apply the punch form for both RHS and LHS part

Thanks for the response. But once I create the punch on the LHS, won't the punch update as a mirrored version (backwards text) on the RHS mirrored part?

Should not.... since a punch is a UDF and will appear after the mirror feature. Try it out. My proe is not open at this moment.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back