Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

formula

amnon

hey,

I would like to create formule, which would change hole dimeter in part2 if hole dimeter in part 1 had been changed. Could anyone help me?

best regards
amnon

Attachments

• Snap_formula.jpg
    Snap_formula.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 5
Publish the Parameter in Part1. Copy the Published Parameter from Part1 and Paste it with Link to Part2. Write the Formula in Part2 based on the copied Parameter.

Thanks MrCATIA

I did it as you suggested, but I can not see external parameters in formula editor.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 5
Make sure that in Tools, Options, PartInfrastructure, Display that External Referenes + Relations + Parameters are active. Maybe in your case not all three are necessary but it's not a bad idea having them all switched on.

Amnon,

I just tried the Formula Editor, and I had similar problems. (I'm using R15): :confused:

• the External Parameter did show in the list (I choose "Length" member type to get a shorter list),
  • but unable to select External Parameter from the list to use in a formula

I was able to use the External Reference in a formula by selecting the it from the Spec Tree, instead of from the Formula Editor panel. :)

I think you found another software bug.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back