Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Frame and a Title Block

amnon

Hej,

It's me again :). I don't have any pattern when I want to create a Title Block (R17). What's wrong?

Best Regards
Amnon

Amnon,

Sorry, but I don't understand your question :confused:

Are you asking about cross-hatch patterns in Area Fills?

Last edited:
hellow,

When I press Frame Creation, a Insert Frame and Title block window appears, where in Style of Titleblock I don't have any patterns.

Best Regards
Amnon

Amnon, thanks for responding back with more information!

You should get a panel (see attachment) that provides several Title Block "styles" to choose from. I believe CATIA provides two sample frames with the software, so I'm surprised you don't have any options.

Did you (or someone else at your company) try to customize these? Maybe the folder containing these samples got renamed?

Attachments

• Frame and TitleBlock.jpg
    Frame and TitleBlock.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 42
workaround for Frames and Title Blocks

The Insert Frames and Titleblock menu requires that someone (with Admin priveledges) pre-define the company drawing frames using XML scripts.

Here's another way to do it by copying an existing drawing frame from another CATDrawing:

1. first, switch to the Background View
2. use FILE + PAGE SETUP
3. click the INSERT BACKGROUND VIEW button to open an Insert panel
4. browse through your files and select a drawing containing a Frame to copy
5. click INSERT, and click OK
6. switch back to Working Views

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back