Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Generate Points Using Table of Coordinates

zj4041

Hello,

Im a new user of Catia.

I would like to generate points from a table of xyz coordinates from a excel spreadsheet or document.

I heard its possible to import a table of points via macros.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Rob

Search the CATIA online documentation for some help with this.

I remember there's an excel spreadsheet that has a macro for importing x,y,z coordinates into CATIA as a bunch of points, with the option to fit curves and/or a surface through the points. You copy your coordinates into the CATIA excel file.

Importing Point Cloud data from an excel spreadsheet

I too am interested in importing point data from a spreadsheet into a model. The help system tells me to click on 'import' and shows an icon with some points enclosed in a boundary. I cannot find this icon on my Catia screen. Do I have to have a particular module installed to make this functionality available?
Thanks,
Ron

par@ara,

Sounds like you are asking about the Digitized Shape Editor that works with clouds of points that have been digitized. That is a different type of import than what zj4041 asked about.

Clouds of points are typically thousands or more points. Excel spreadsheets are typically less than 100 points.

Which type of points are you working with?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back