Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Helical sheetmetal or solid feature

J

Jwilkinson

I would like to create a sheetmetal part that is basically a flat circular disc that has a sprial kerf cut thru it's thickness and not breaking beyond the outer circular part edge. I would then like to be able to translate the center portion away from the rim & allow the structure in between these two planes to "take on" a helical shape. Another option would be to create the model in this deformed (bent) shape & then unbend all. Any idea on how to approach this in Wildfire 2? I need the unbent shape (flat pattern) for the manufacturing drawing, but the deformed view for the assembly visiualization. I would also be open to creating a single solid model with two family table instances for the flat & deformed states if that is easier.

Attached is an image of something I "hacked" together to get the idea across a little better. I'm afraid my two family table members (bent & unbent) are not truly the same physical part as it is really three somewhat independant solids "glued" together. I would like to rectify this by creating a bent/unbent sheetmetal part, but How? Any input is appreciated.

Attachments

• Flex Spiral.jpg
    Flex Spiral.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 23

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back