Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help needed on making a shape

virts

Hi,

:confused:I'm not good and very new to surfaces, sweeps, freeforms and so on. I have managed to make a shape I wanted but it took me hell of a lot of time. Can anyone advise or show how I can best make the following shape the quickest way and easiest way?:

fxiirhxyee.thumb500.jpg

I thank You all again!:)

Symmetry

The left side is same as right side. And top side is same as bottom side, its just i cut the picture in half but it is symmetrical.

Well what i would do is an extrude of the geometry of the base, and then do cut extrudes/fillets to get the shape desired

Shape

Hi Virts
Not sure how you built your model however I have attached a method that creates a shape similar to the picture you gave. You can mess with, sizes, angles and radius settings to change the loft end result. Hope this helps
Trevor

Attachments

• Shape01.zip
    201.5 KB · Views: 22

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back