Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help with freeform, lofts etc! Please!

ktbubster

Hello all! I'm new here so thanks for your help in advance. I desperately need help modeling the head of the image below!

I have been trying to model the below robot for a while now. I have pretty much everything going along smoothly in an assembly except for the head! I can NOT figure out how to get that modeled. You can probably get a pretty good idea of the shape from the drawing I did in illustrator. It's sort of a basic human head shape a bit simplified.

I tried to follow this tutorial to use the free form too off of a rotated surface of a oblong sphere, but I kept getting errors saying I couldn't use the freeform too (even though she could in it!) Makings of a mouse head

I'm at my wits end, maybe that not even the best way to do it. I am not sure. I tried a variety of lofts too, but they required a ending and I kept getting errors as well, or couldn't get multiples to work. This is probably a 3 min job for someone who isn't a newbie, so could someone please help me through the steps on how to model this? It's about 2inches in height and 1.5 inches wide.

I just need the shape of the head, I am sure I can get the "goggles" done myself by projecting onto the surface and bringing it out like the tutorial did for the mouth I showed you... but the shape of the head I can't get to work! It's needs to be a surface or hollow shape as it needs to have walls of about .1 inches.

Thanks so much in advance!

robothead.png

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back