Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help with TT

BZChi7d

First of all, hello boys & gals! Really an honor to be among you and hope i will learn alot from you gurus (and guru-esses ?!)

anyway, been working with acad 2007 for like 2 weeks now and been stumbling upon this thing that's driving me crazy:

i draw a straight line and i want to draw from the end of it 5 units to the right and 10 up another line. i click TT, hover over the end of the line and go right 5 units. the thing i don't undertsand is - can't i enter 5 (units) from my kbd ? whenever i enter 5 it automatically creates a point on the polyline ...i just want it to set the TT Point 5 units from the end of the first line - not draw the line. next i want to go 10 units up from this tt point and draw the line to there. it'd look like an obtuze angle.

i know it can be done by drawing aid-lines - but i don't want that. i want to understand and use TT P tracking.

hope i'm not a burden right from my first point :)

god bless you all
radu

TT help

Hello dude,

First I really don't know what is TT? ( It is Table Top Machine) But maybe that helps you....
I use to work with Points as reference, just doing that... Put on OTRACK (F11) and OSNAP (F3),select POINT or just type (PO + Enter) than from the edge of your draw you squeeze and type 5 unit. + Enter (on Kbd). Your refence is ready. If you wanna work with angles turn on POLAR (F10) and set that angle you need. So from that point you can do another one or start any line using that as reference. But we have to delete or set as not printable their layer to not appear on paper or piece.

Good luck.

AutoCAD 2008 Download OEM

AutoCAD 2005 Download OEM
Autocad 2006 Download OEM
Scubawisdom Forums - View Profile: AdobeOEMnewCHEAPnew
Autocad 2007 Download OEM
AutoCAD 2008 Download OEM
AutoCAD 2008 Spanish Download OEM
AutoCAD 2009 32 bit Download OEM
AutoCAD 2009 x64 Download OEM
AutoCAD Architecture 2008 Download OEM
AutoCAD Architecture 2009 32 bit Download OEM