Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

heyy some1 help me :)

lethal_m8

i am doing mech engg ..

i dunno ABCD of CAD designing ... i attended a seminar today on CAD and was fascinated ... i wud like to know whether its possible to learn CATIA by myself ...

and i dunno nething abt other CAD softwares ... ya some BASIC AUTOCAD :p

should i start with CATIA .. or should i go for some other software first ??

some1 plsss

CATIA is a good place to start learning 3D CAD, although it tends to be a little expensive. I think you can pick up the basic Part Design product for under $3,000 US.

A better alternative would be to learn CATIA at a college or university. You can pick up the student version of CATIA (containing most of the popular products) for $300 US (that might be the old price), if your school is registered with Dassault/IBM.

Did you say you're studying Mechanical Engineering; what CAD classes does your school offer?

Along with learning CAD, I'd suggest you start with some basic English classes, and focus on proper spelling and grammar.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back