Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How can find Volume from Join surface

freewind

I need some help from member, I am very new on this Catia V5.
I have a problem when join each surface together, can not find the volume of that object.
But can find on totally surface may be I missing some process.
Please help to instruct me what thing I am wrong.

PS1 I am trying to use the other tool on Volumes tool bar with closed surface function but it did not work.
It reported that Selected body cannot be closed by a planar face,Check all body opening for planarity.
PS2 My IGS file is use for Surfboard CNC project, it have a lot of curve. May be each surface have some gap but they can pass join function with 0.001 option.

Freewind, I haven't used the Volume tools very much at all in CATIA V5 so I can't help you with that.

I would suggest using the Join tool instead to join all the surfaces into a single surface. As you said, you will probably have to adjust the gap distance in order to eliminate any gaps between the surface edges.

Once you have a closed Join, just use the Inertia tool to measure the volume within the Join.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back