Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How do I make Parts Collide?

W

WildFireFox

I would like to know how I make two parts collide in ProE Wildfire 2.0. I have a situation where I would like to wrap an 'energy chain' (a plastic chain that holds power cables) around a circular tube in my Assembly File. The only way I can do that now is to specify the angle in every link of the chain, which is a pain, and also not quite as accurate. Can anyone help me?

PTC resource available...

From daveyk_belgium, MCADCentral.com

If you have maintenance, there is a suggested report for creating a chain in the support area on the PTC website. If my memory serves me correctly, this is for a static chain, and not a mechanism chain. The technique uses a curve that defines the route of the chan, and then patterns points along it's length. If I understand your problem, that is what you want to do, but perhaps you were dreaming about how ieasy it couldn be???

Link to PTC chain suggested technique.

Dave

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_25/howto/aad1382/aad1382.htm

3DCADTips Help Desk :cool:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back