Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How do you make raised surfaces?

D

dopeman

Hi, I am currently working on a project and I am stumped as to how to make raised surfaces. I have yet to figure out how to upload photos in this forum so i will try my best to explain my objective.

I am making a circular knob and foot rest I need them to have some sort of a "grip" to make them easier and safer to use. When i say raised surface it's sorta like the ones you see on a cap of a plastic soda bottle. Is there a way to automatically do it in Catia or do i have to manually draw every single elevation?

Hopefully you get my idea, thanks!

I will edit this post as soon as i figure out how to upload pictures from my computer. :)

A picture would help. My guess is you need to make a pad of a single raised area, and then pattern it around the rest of the part.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back