Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to pattern a sketch

Kanter

Hello,
Everything is in the tittle, I can't create a pattern directly in a sketch :confused:, I'd like to duplicate a shape to design the profile of a tooth !
I select the shape, I click on pattern (circular), I draw the circle but nothing happens....An idea ?

Thanks

If you are in 2D draft, pick the element first, then the pattern commands become active.

if you are in 3D part sketching, the pattern commands are used to creating a pattern sketch for later creating 3D feature patterns--it as you have found doens't pattern 2d elements. Patterning 2d elements can be done with the rotate and move command (there is an option within those commands that duplicate element--hence patterns can be created.

Hope this helps.

Kris

Thank you so much :)

I actually was needful to this guidance, as well; because I was designing a flange with 8 holes around, and I didn't know how to create a circular pattern to repeat the circle in the sketch workbench.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back