Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to save parts of a CATIA product on the same coordiante system

creilly

Hi,

I have been given 20 CATIA part files. I have created a CATIA product with them all correctly aligned using the constraints feature. It is a casting die, so it is important that the surfaces of each part qare correctly aligned with one another.

I would like to export each part as an .STL in order to import them into a CFD software. I want to export them using the same coordinate system so that they are correctly aligned when imported into the CFD modeling software. How do i do this?

I have used solidworks before, in which you have the option when saving as an .STL of using either the part or assembly coordinate system. However, I don't see a similar feature in CATIA, and can't work out another way of acheving the same thing.

I am using CATIA V5 R20

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back