Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Imported .stp file do not keep colors - AP 214 iso doesn't work

Chamfer

Hello,

I am completely lost. I need to export components like .stp files from Catia V5 and import them to the Altium Designer 09. But they lost color. I have read maybe all forums on the internet, but I didn't find any answer. I know that the Step protocol must be set to AP214. But it still does not work.

Thanks a lot for any answer

I don't say that it is wrong but do you know tell me some another issue I have to explore please? What can be my problem with it?

I would try some of the other STEP protocols. Might be one that Altium likes better. Are you taking the STEP data back into CATIA to see if the colors are there? This would help pinpoint if the problem is on the CATIA side or Altium side.

How are you applying the colors in CATIA? Are the colors added to the components in an assembly? Or are the individual parts colored? If part, are you applying color by body, feature, face, or everything?

I tried all of the available STEP protocols (203iso, 203+ext, 203ed2, 214iso). Exported files are white (or light blue) in Catia just like in Altium.

I have created an Assembly Design which contains a few Parts.
I add color to each part individually through "Apply Material" and I have set Shading with Material. That's all I did.

Material is not color.

There might be a color assigned in the material properties in CATIA, but I don't know if material data is passed through STEP.

When I set color in Part through Properties I still can't reach this color in exported file. I really don't know what am I doing wrong.

OK, I just ran a little CATIA-to-STEP-to-CATIA test (214 iso) and I did get some colors to transfer.

When I applied the color to the PartBody or the features within the PartBody; the colors did transfer

When I applied the color to a part instance or a component of an assembly; the colors did not transfer

Yes, there was the problem. I had to color the PartBody. I was doing it wrong from the beginning. I created new Product consisted of some Parts and it created another Parts in these Parts. And each Part had just one Body. I forgot that I can compose a thing from Bodies.
I tried to apply the color to the Part and then to the Part within that Part.

Bez názvu.png

What a shame that I didn´t try color PartBody.

Thank you so much. Have a nice day.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back