Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Is anyone working with SW answer my questions please ?

Daniel25

Hi all, this is my first time here. I got into this "SW world" one month ago when decided to learn the software doing everyday tutorials. I like it very much and I would like to find a job in near future on this, not until I know the program good enough. Can someone who worked as a draughtsman/mechanical engineer answer some of my questions ?

1. Can you tell how is 1 day / or 1 week of a draughtsman ? How does the work goes, you receive a drawing of a component, and you have to sketch it and make a part in 3D and all the details, or you have to come up with your own design when creating a desired product without having dimensions/specifications ?

2. Do I have any chances of getting, starting a new job as a draughtsman in Solidworks only with my own experience without any specific diploma/qualification ? (Currently I have an IT engineering diploma, and worked 3 times as a CNC machine operator - still working, and 5 years experience as a cinema projectionist )

Any suggestions would be greatfull.

Thank you in advance,
Daniel

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back