Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Keyboard shortuct for the "Edit Formula" command

vukv8

Hello everyone,

I am working on a Part Design that requires me to use formulas for most of the measurements in the sketch.

What I do is click with the right button in the measure, put the mouse on the last option (which is something like Radius.1 object or Length.1 object), and the choose Edit Formula.

I would like to add a shortcut to that, so that I don't lose as much time.

I know how to add shortcuts for other commands. For instance, I have set Ctrl+A to open the Formulas menu. For that, I followed this steps:

1. Select Tools/Customize
2. Open the Commands tab
3. Select All Commands from the left panel
4. Select Formula from the right panel
5. Press Show Properties...
6. Write Ctrl+A in the Accelerator box

However, when I do this for the Edit Formula command, I can't edit the Accelerator box. Does anyone know why? How can I change that? Any alternative ideas?

I would very much appreciate it if anyone could help me.

Cheers

There is already a shortcut for the Edit Formula command: "="

Instead of right-clicking and choose EDIT FORMULA, just left-click in the box, type =, and Enter. Then select the parameter from the tree (or if in a SKETCH, select a constraint to copy the value).

Hi MrCATIA,

Thanks for your quick reply. I hadn't realized you could do that.

It works just as you said it, but now I'm wondering if you could add the formula even before. Let me try to explain:

Let's say I want to create a circle. I select the Circle tool, and then select the point to define the circle center. Right after that I am supposed to select a second point to define the radius, but I can set a numerical value to the radius in the Sketch Tools menu. Do you know if there is any way to insert the formula directly in there?

I am trying to do that, as that would save me additional time, but I can't.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers.

I agree that inserting the formula up front would save some time and avoid some extra steps, but I don't think that can be done with CATIA V5.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back