Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

mass properties fluctuating

SolidTodd

Hi Folks,

I am a newbie to Solidworks. I have used AutoCAD (2D) for about 25 years & Pro/E for about 11 years. I lost my job back in February & after searching the job postings noticed there were hardly any for Pro/E & decided that maybe Solidworks is the way to go. I took the 2015 Essentials & Drawings course & I have been practicing with student trial versions for the last couple of months with a plan to take the CSWP.

Okay, enough about me. The problem I have encountered is that while practicing with the CSWP sample exam the mass value fluctuates. I create the model as shown online & I get the correct value. When I change the dimensions for question 2 the mass value is incorrect. When I change back to the Q1 dimensions the mass value is incorrect too. If I change the dimensions again to either Q2 or Q3 then back to the Q1 numbers the mass value changes again. So I get the correct value the first time then a different value when I change back then the third time I change back I get a different value from the second time. I have even tried modeling the second question from scratch & come up with the correct mass value but when I change the dimensions for question 3 they are incorrect & the same thing happens when I switch back to the question 2 dimensions. When I say dimensions I am talking about the linked dimensional values for A, B, C, D & E. I have tried changing the values in the same configuration as well as creating a new configuration for each question with the same result.

I can't figure out why it is fluctuating, I mean if the model is either correct or not it would be value A or B but not A then B then C.

Has anybody else come across this?

This is the link to the sample exam I am using. http://files.solidworks.com/pdf/CSWP-CORE_Sample_Exam.pdf

Thanks for any help.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back