Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Merging surfaces in to one single surface

Yuriy

:confused:
Hi guys ! I have a problem with "Join tool" If i check "Check connexity"& "Simplify the result"&"Federation ALL"&"Mergin distance 0,1" IT TIPE :"Tangency Continuity The result is not continious in tangency "
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

View attachment 1292
If i check only the "Simplify the result" edge is not merged
View attachment 1293
I can modify it's surface but i have a more complicated surfaces and they can't modified ! What i can do with it ?:confused:

Last edited:
Yuriy, I'm not able to open the attached images. Could you please try again, maybe in a different format?

Did you impose tangency when you built the surfaces?

If Join won't work, you might have to use the Healing tool instead.

Hi guys ! I have a problem with "Join tool" If i check "Check connexity"& "Simplify the result"&"Federation ALL"&"Mergin distance 0,1" IT TIPE :"Tangency Continuity The result is not continious in tangency "
If i check only the "Simplify the result" edge is not merged
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

I can modify it's surface but i have a more complicated surfaces and they can't modified ! What i can do with it ?

thanks for resetting the images.

There are many things that would cause the non-tangent condition between the two surfaces. My guess is one of the surfaces was created not tangent.

Some of the things I would try to do:

a. if you have the history of the surfaces, you can probably edit one surface and make it tangent to the other.

b. delete one surface and recreate it imposing tangency where necessary.

c. use the Healing command to Join the surfaces.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back