Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Modeling Loft Problem

bilalbajwa

Guys i am so frustrated :( trying to figure out how to model this part. As you can see in the attachments i have a lower 2d triangular part. And above it in 3d space the middle edge is drawn. I want to loft the two sketches but it wont let me because of open and closed loop sketches. Any ideas ?

Approach 2 : I also extruded the 2d surface few mm and than did fillets on the edges but it gave me a round surface; however, as shown in picture i attached i need a sharp surface.

I attached my SW effort and a pic of what i want.

Attachments

• Part1.zip
    444.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Triangular Shape Large.jpg
    Triangular Shape Large.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 11
Hey... I know, the post is outdated, here´s the solution:

Add 2 Planes and sketch the profile (see image, Sketches 4 and 5), add 2 3D-Sketches (including just a single point) at the beginning and the end of the part.

Then create a lofted surface (if you have closed profiles you could also create a lofted base) using the points of the two 3D-ketches and the 2 sketched profiles and the 3D-Sketch as a guide curve.

greetz

Attachments

• solution.JPG
    solution.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 7
  • solution_a.jpg
    solution_a.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 6
  • solution1.JPG
    solution1.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 6

Articles From 3DCAD World