Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Multi-surface to one surface

2Tyerd

I have a surface model of a helmet made up of thousands of surfaces in CATIA. I want to be able to join these surfaces into one and then convert it into a PartBody solid instead of a Geometrical set solid which is what I have currently.

In the GSD workbench, use JOIN to combine all the surfaces into a single surface.

Then switch to Part Design and use Thick Surface to make a solid.

I tried using the thick surface but I get an error which I have attached a screenshot of.

thicksurface.JPG

I have the joined the surfaces using the close surface which did work but I cannot remove the split lines. I've tried using the simplify results, ignore erroneous results and also the Federate All but the split lines remain.

Thick surface

hi,

Try reducing the thickness value.Use healing to heal all the gaps and then join.All the best.

Sudhakar.N

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back