Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

[Newbie]Hifi preamplifier front plate part problem with holes

MarkoSiroki

Dear Sirs and Madams!

I have extruded rectangle (w700mm, h150mm and d40mm). I am creating front plate of preamplifier and I need two holes of radius 3.75mm (for left & right channel potentiometer shafts) and therefore I created two circles (using sketch) on extruded rectangle. How do I make holes from these circles?preampFrontPanel.jpg

Sincerely,
Marko

Reply: Hifi preamplifier front plate part problem with hole

Hi Marko

If you are looking to simply make two holes from these circles you need to go to the Features tab and select Extruded Cut.

When the tab appears on the left hand side of the screen choose From Sketch Plane in the first drop down menu and under Direction 1 select Through All from the drop down menu.

Select the sketches of the circles you would like to convert into holes and then click the green tick.

Hope that helps

Lucy
3D CAD Design Software SolidWorks | Solid Solutions

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back