Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Ok, Need some more help!

Wallybanger

You guys are lifesavers... especially MrCatia.

Problem 1.
I modeled a part, added a text with leader note and when I did that the note added this damn 2D grid to my part! how the heck to I get rid of this stupid grid?

grid.jpg

(can't see the note cuz the txt is white)

Problem 2.
Is there a way to reorient drawing views? Like change the angle from horizontal and the angle from front to back? can you get that original view orientation thing back up (the blue thing with all the arrows and stuff)?

This may be a little advanced... but is there a way to create personal buttons/links for toolbars? Ie. lets say I do a search for planes and then add that search to my favorites. Is there a way to make a button that searches and selects all of those planes? I'm just thinking that there are a lot of things I would like to streamline to save time.

:)Problem 1: use Tools + Options + Infrastructure + 3D Annotations Infrastructure, then in the DISPLAY page, de-activate the GRID option for DISPLAY

:(Problem 2: I'm unaware of anyway to re-orient a drawing view once it's been created. If you make a new view with the good orientation, you might be able to Copy&Paste some of the annotations from the old view into the new one.

:DProblem 3: yes- you can make customized toolbars. Use VIEW + TOOLBARS + CUSTOMIZE (at the very bottom of the list), and then choose the TOOLBAR tab. There's a button to make a NEW toolbar, or you can customize existing ones. Check out the HELP files for detailed instructions, as there are alot of things you can do with toolbars.

Last edited:
:)Problem 1: look in the tree at the bottom for a branch called Annotation Set.1, and expand it to see the Views branch. Hide the Views branch, and I think the grid will be hidden with the Annotation Views

Sorry - that only hides the view frames, not the view grid! Do this instead:

Tools + Options + Infrastructure + 3D Annotations Infrastructure, then in the DISPLAY page, de-activate the GRID option for DISPLAY

:(Problem 2: I'm unaware of anyway to re-orient a drawing view once it's been created. If you make a new view with the good orientation, you might be able to Copy&Paste some of the annotations from the old view into the new one.

:DProblem 3: yes- you can make customized toolbars. Use VIEW + TOOLBARS + CUSTOMIZE (at the very bottom of the list), and then choose the TOOLBAR tab. There's a button to make a NEW toolbar, or you can customize existing ones. Check out the HELP files for detailed instructions, as there are alot of things you can do with toolbars.
Awesome! thanks! You were bang on with the grid display :D (that's been driving me crazy for some time now).

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back