Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Pipe Cutting

thilag1981

Herewith i enclosed a Pipe part
Proe file - finished stage,
Catia file - finished in surface, to be tried by solid modeling
IGES - - finished stage,

I made this model by using surface. Is it possible to do this by only using solid modeling. Please suggest.

The attached solid model is used a command `Project' whcih can be taken in surface mode only. If there is any possibilities to model this using full solid license.

thanks in advance

thilag
mcup

Note :
1) enclosed in winzip file,
2) Winzip file is not password locked,
3) Please understand that iam not asking anybody to do work, just it is to explore and manifest your skills and it will enhance all other (our) Skills. Also note that this is voluntary, not compulsary

Attachments

• pipe cutting catia.zip
    265.8 KB · Views: 12
I'm not sure what you're tying to accomplish here

Working in the Part Design workbench only, you could take your Shaft and remove a Pocket based on Sketch.2. That would give you the same opening.
cut pipe.jpg

Why do you want to limit yourself to Part Design only, especially with all the powerful tools available in Generative Shape Design for creating construction geometry?

Dear Mr.MrCatia

Dear Mr.MrCatia
Yes

Why I want to restrict me in Solid license alone, GSD alone etc., means in some modeling interview the employers asked that do this only using solid license etc.,

thanks
thilag
mcup

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back