Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

pipes into lines

julym

I have an issue, I have a pipe, and I need to get the center line by macro, what I imagine to do is to collect all the edges of the pipe and use them as references to create a spine, in the generative shape design, the thing here is that I don't know much about macros, so if anyone can help with this I really appreciate, thank you for your time

Do you know which CATIA workbench your Pipe was created with?

"Pipes" are normally straight with constant radius bends, so a spline would not be a good feature to define the centerline.

What will you use the centerline for? CATIA has several Piping products/workbenches; there might already be an existing tool to do what you want.

Last edited:
I received a CAT part, but I guess its done in tubin design.

the pipes that we are working on, are extremely long, meters of distances and several ways, its like a web,

what I need its to analyze the hole pipe, so if I enter just the line and analyze it as a beam with the properties of a pipe, it will be easier and faster.

At this time I am not able to find a tool that creates the center line,

I hope you can help me.

thank you

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back