Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Plane Number Parameterization

redgunner

Although i am quite familiar with the plane creation in general, i am facing a problem on this subject.
Specifically, i want to create a parameter which will determine the number of planes created. Is it possible plane number parameterization? Do you have any idea?
Thank you in advance!!
RedGunner

Im not sure about this but can I ask if what are you want to do with the planes? or you just want to count them?

If so, you can use the search command, Ctrl+F,
then on the workbench boxes, select Part design on right and "plane" on left.

Change the "Look" tab into Everywhere then Press "select" (binos)

The project i am working on has to do with geometry parameterization. That's why i have to define planes and create geometry cross-sections. Thus I thought that plane number parameterization would also be a good idea.
I am not interest in counting them, but defining them. I have to admit, though, that plane number parameterization may not be of such importance for the rest of designing process, because changing plane number cannot affect directly to the geometry.
Thanks for reading and replying!!
Red Gunner

The Points and Planes Repetition tool might be helpful to create a series of parallel planes, and the number of planes could be defined with a parameter.

However, modifying the number of existing planes might not be possible, due to how the planes are defined. It seems to me that the entire series would have to be removed and rebuilt. This might be a good application for a macro.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back