Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

problem in simulation

screamloud

Hello,

I have a simple assembly made of two parts .
One part is a positive male part and the other part is the negative female of the first part .
the assembly is when the two parts are put one engaged in the other.

I obtained the negative part by moving the two parts into the position I want, then doing a Cavity feature to have the impression of the positive part in the second part.

After doing the cavity, when I check the interference between the two, there is zero interference, and not even coincidence . (I usually get coincident faces when I apply a cavity one another part,but this didnt happen with these two models .)

Then when I run the simulation(Global contact bonded) , it crashes and says that the model is unstable. (While the model is well fixed).

My question is : why am I not getting coincident faces when I do a cavity of one part into the other?(How can I get them?)
Why is the simulation crashing ?

I've been trying for a month to fix that now , nothing works. If you need the parts , please let me know so I would send them in a message or mail.

Thank you very much for your help.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back