Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

problem with linking in solidedge

W

wboard

Hello!

I have got a few problems with linking within assemblies!
First i will describe my environment ->.

I have got an assemblie with subassemblies, adjustable parts en this is all related to one excel file with data en VBScripts (why excel? because this acts like a database, is easier to use for other people etc!).

This above described assemblie is the parametric assemblie, so when we need to draw something for a client, all of this will be moved to the client's folder. And here is it where the problems begins....

I move the assemblie, using revision manager (we do not use Insight server/connect)!

... So when i open the assemblie in the clients folder, the assemblie can't load the subassemblies and sometimes some parts as well?!!

Do you guys know what the problem is, or what i am doing wrong??

Your help will be appreciated! Thanks

Moving to the client's folder

Hello wboard,

You should always be careful when moving assemplies to a different location on your local or network. There are many file dependencies that are created. Moving the assembly can break these file dependencies. Are you using a Solid Edge utility to move the assembly? If not, you need to. Also, try not to move the assembly. See if there is a function to clone an assembly to another location or possibly do a Save As to a different folder. Why are you not using Insight server/connect?

Thanks
3DCADTips Help Desk :cool:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back