Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Problem with my published sketch

udshfk

Hi Mr Catia,

I made a sketch and then I created a new product. I took the sketch and inserted into the product.

When I projected a curve of the published sketch in a new part, it appeared a "broken icon" called "curve1", and this feature doesn't have link with the sketch. Please if you can help me, why is this happening instead of appearing a new geometrical set called "External References"?

Thank you

Without seeing your product, its hard to diagnose the problem. It could be several things:

First, let me see if I understand this correctly:
  • You have a product with at least 2 parts inserted.
  • One part has a sketch (and it's published)
  • You are projecting the sketch geometry into the second part
  • You expect the sketch to be copied into the the second part and the geometry to be projected.
  • (this sounds like it should work)

One possible reason: you have the Create Datum mode turned on. This will create new geometry as isolated with the red zig-zag symbol. The Create Datum icon looks like an axis with the red zig-zag. Make sure this is not active (not orange).

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back