Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Questions

burnout21

Hello, after googling around for a while i found this forum and well i hope you guys can help me out.

I currently run Solidworks 2008 Office Premium and the other day i was using photoworks to render a model with a single light source on a white background with a transparent material as the solid body. It took a far chunk of time (45min) and considering this was done using a Quad core machine with 4Gb of ram i am sat stratching my head.

So the question, 'can solidworks use a render farm for rendering or doing FEA'

A render farm or 'computer cluster' is a bank of computers networked together that create one computer, and this is how Pixar render there animations, and many other film studios, but this form of computing isn't limited to rendering it can do anything such as number crunching.

So is anyone aware of such abilities with in solidworks, because i have seen videos of cruise liners designed in solidworks, and that would be a huge resource drain.

Regards

Burn

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back