Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Refrencnce Button in constraint definition Window

Hi Friends
I have a question. when we want to make a dimension between for example two points by using constrain option, there will open a constraint defition window (look at the attached picture). can anybody explain what does the reference button exactly do in this window?
thank you all

Attachments

• 22.png
    22.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 4
The Reference option will turn the constraint into a non-driving dimension that does not effect the size of the sketch. (It's like a construction mode for constraints)

I use it as a measurement. For example if I have a right-triangle with the angle and acute side constrained making the sketch fully constrained. If I add constraints for the obtuse and hypotenuse lengths, the sketch is over-constrained, unless I make both of these reference constraints. Now, If I change the angle, I see the lengths of all sides.
ref constr.JPG

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back