Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Reservoir/tank

nadim6

hello ! Please it would be of big help if anyone can explain how to start doing this on catia, I'm clueless since I am a beginner in catia.
20200410_092514_resized-2.jpg

I don't understand the diagram, so I'm clueless also. What do the zig-zag lines mean? What is the 10mm wide piece (dashed lines)? What is the wall thickness and are there any openings in this tank?

Could you make a new, clean diagram, and maybe a 3D diagram showing the shape of this reservoir.

you're right. I'm sorry I forgot to explain, the dashed lines is just an extra layer/border that comes out of the reservoir ( to hold it ). the zig zag lines are here just to help me visualize what the reservoir should look like.(so ignore them). And here is a picture of an old drawing. I hope this helps : (PS: the dimensions are wrong and the drawing is without the border: the dashed lines)

thank you very much in advance ! and let me know if there is still anything thats ambiguous.

7b378155-294d-40e0-8a98-116b6f97550d.JPG

To make a part, similar to the second picture:

1. sketch the profile in the front view (V-shaped) and then extrude it with Pad 195mm long
2. use Shell command to hollow out the reservoir based on the material thickness (maybe 2.1 ?) , selecting the top face to be open
3. sketch the circular profile (R=95.5) in the front corner, and cut it out with Pocket
4. use Hole to add screw holes
5. add 10mm wide flange on top with Pad

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back