Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Save and open system in Catia V6

Hello every one.

I have a very basic question to ask. I am a student and have been using AutoCAD and NX8. I was advised to get to know Catia as well so i started to learn it by my self.

My question is that "How do I save and open a drawing,model, part, etc in CATIA V6 ". I can make a part and save it ( The software says is save in a vault) but can not open it later.

Also can some one also explain why is Catia V6 different form normal software ( having no SAVE / OPEN option). Dassault must have a good reason but still its really annoying.

Thanks in advance.

One of the major features of CATIA V6 is it is tightly coupled with ENOVIA PLM. To advance technology, Dassault requires V6 users to use the PLM vault instead of a file-based database.

If you just want to learn CATIA, I suggest learning V5 since it has a very similar interface and it is file-based.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back