Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Screw thread

J4NY4R

Hi!
I have problem to design this kind of tapered thread (its start, middle and end are different). Please may you guide me how to do it? I will be thankful if you attach a .catpart fileSnag_161b42b0.png to examine it.

Attachments

• Srew thread.zip
    156.9 KB · Views: 0
There are 2 ways to model a screw: either add the thread to the root diameter, or remove the thread profile from the major diameter. In my model shown below, I removed the profile.

My screw is based on three profile sketches: the major diameter (red), the root diameter (green) and the thread profile (hidden). I used the first profile to add a Shaft representing the main body of the screw. Then I added a Helix using the second sketch as the Profile. Then I added a third sketch of the thread profile to sweep along the Helix as a Slot feature.
screw.jpg

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back