Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

section view bearings from toolbox in SW2006

O

Odisey

Can you help me how to make good section view of bearings in SW 2006 :-| (I mean that the section view does not look like standard bearing but like I draw ONE solid part)? Do I have to use an assemblies and how? Thank you!:p

Try this:

:) Go to the online HELP and type Section Scope. You can manipulate the section view as you want. This is for SW2005, but the same shold apply for SW2006. Let us know f this helps.

Thanks for asking the Q&A Board! ;-)

3DCADTips.com Q&A Board Support

Try this:

» :) Go to the online HELP and type Section Scope. You can manipulate the
» section view as you want. This is for SW2005, but the same shold apply for
» SW2006. Let us know f this helps.
»
» Thanks for asking the Q&A Board! ;-)
»
» 3DCADTips.com Q&A Board Support

Unfortnunately this not helps:( In the drawing SW recognises the toolbox bearing as a PART and FASTENER and hatches the balls also or nothing (if I mark exclude fasteners). For example what I need you can see the following pictures:

http://www.me.metu.edu.tr/me308/sample_eng_drwgs/gears/Lathe%20spindle%20gearbox.jpg
http://www.yc-forklift.com/assets/images/YCRB1ab.gif

section view

well section scope shud work fine

or else do a thing

cut the section u need

and then add the hatch from the anotation toolbar to the area wr u want 2 show the hatching

check the file properties

if the property has a value is fastener, try deleting that one, but make it sure u keep a copy of that or u will delete the value from the original toolbox file

then i feel the bearing should behave like a normal part and hatching should come as reqd.

regards

Deepak Gupta

section view

well dear i checked it today and find auto hatching is working fine even on toolbox components

check wot service pack u have

i tried it on SW 2006 sp 4.0

regards

Deepak Gupta

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back