Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

smoothening a solid made from a wooden scan (mesh)

aturko00

Hi guys,

Im a beginner and i got a wooden model of a T-MAX brake system adapter.
I did what i could to smoothen the mesh in meshmixer and also in catia and i made it solid.
I have a few flat surfaces and i cut planes (less than a mm in debth) and those are nice and smooth.But i have surfaces where i cant do that and because it was a wooden model that i scanned and transfered into catia it has all the small cracks and rough planes that wood normally has and i have to smoothen it now so its ready for CNC but i cant find a way how.

Any tips?

thank you,

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    124.1 KB · Views: 1
Although it's a lot of work, I would take some measurements from the wooden part or the mesh model and just model the part in CATIA from scratch. In the long run, you'll be better off. It's a fairly simple part, so it won't take that long. And you'll have a nice clean model when you're done, ready for NC.

I thought of that ,but my bachelor ending paper or whatever you call it :)D) is reverse engineering so i have to follow these guidelines ..maybe if i dont figure out anything ill just do it from scratch in catia

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back