Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

SolidWorks Model Visibility

I have been running SolidWorks 2011 SP 1.0 on my Asus Gaming Notebook for over 6 months now (functioning normally), and a few weeks back I noticed that my models will not display normally. I have to click on where I think the model is, or window select the parts or assembly, only then will it show up on my screen in SolidWorks highlighted format (dark blue). As soon as I Click in empty Workspace, the parts vanish, leaving just the shadow if I have that enabled. I've tried to Repair the installation by running the 64 bit installation DVD (as the installation lives on an SSD drive), but no luck. I am waiting for NVidia to hear if their driver developed a bug. The Notebook has a GTX670M with 3Gb dedicated RAM, and I've obviously tried to re-install drivers from NVidia - they do recommend drivers from the manufacturer's website, so I may have to look there again. Browser graphics look fine... X-Plane 10 loads and displays normally...
Any ideas?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back