Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solidworks scaling problem

dsheets05

Hello all,

I have scoured the internet, as well as spent countless hours fiddling in solid works for a solution to my problem below. I haven’t had any luck, but I am sure this can be done. If anyone has any input it would be much appreciated!

I have done 100's of solid work design templates that automatically create models in solid works for our standard product lines. My next step is to automatically scale the drawings with the dimensions for manufacturing. I am having trouble scaling the parts from the model to the drawing. As I change the diameter in my model, the part in my drawing will become way to big or way to small and go off the page or is not readable. Is there a way I can link a scaling factor to my diameter dimension in solidworks or the design table. I have attached a design template for a simple O-Ring for reference.

Thank you,

David Sheets

Attachments:
New Folder.zip (374.2 K)

Your file's link is: ENGINEERING.com | File Downloads

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back