Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solidworks Simulation

I am trying to simulate how a component will behave when a specific force is applied to it.

I need to apply the fixed geometry and the force to a cylindrical face however solidworks will not let me do this. The cylindrical faces belong to straight pipes with a circular cross section. I have tried both the inside and the outside faces.

The error that comes up when I try and apply the fixed geometry is 'Load/Restraint cannot be applied to the beam face, edge or vertex'

The error that comes up when i try and apply the load is 'You cannot apply forces or moments to faces or edges of beams.'

Please let me know where I am going wrong.

SolidWorks Simulation - Possible Reasons

Hello:

Possibly you are trying to model the problem using 1-D Beam elements. Then the faces are not used right? If you model in 3D using elements such as Tetrahedron (4Node or 8 node - Draft Mesh / High Quality) then faces can be used since it would then be 3D topology.

Beam elements have Uniformly Distributed Load, Moments and supports modelled as required.

Hope the answer helps !

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back