Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Squished Tube

MrCATIA

Super Moderator
new thread on new subject from another post:

So far, i have only one part that i have a problem modeling.....it's a 3/4 id tube that was squished on one end down to .306 inbetween wals. The tube was sloted inbetween the squished walls and a u shaped piece was inserted in and welded. I tried modeling it using multi section solid, but it just didn't look right. I'll see if i can scan the part of the print later tonight and post it on here.

an easy solution

One easy solution that is probably not true to form:

1. forget about the multi-section solid

2. if the tube is hollow, change it to make it solid (to begin)

3. at the squished end, make a sketch that shows the left and right squished areas (the sketch should look similar to your attached figure). Pocket the sketch to remove the left and right sides.

4. do a shell to make the squished tube hollow

Like I said, this won't give you the true shape, but might be good enough for your project. Do you have a side view that shows the tube from the side?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back