Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Surfacing Continuity Issues?

Jaycob

Hi Guys,

I am new to Solidworks; I have been using NX for quite a few years now, and am having issues in achieving decent continuity across surface boundaries. I don't think it's that I don't understand surfacing, but more a translation issue in my shifting CAD platforms. I've read up using 'Solidworks Bible of Complex Surfacing' and believe I am using the best tool for the job - boundary surface; and although I am specifying and achieving tangent continuity across the boundaries, I am still seeing nasty little fluctuations in the join. All guide curves are tangent if not continuous where applicable.

Surf-Cont-Issue_1.jpgSurf-Cont-Issue_2.jpgSurf-Cont-Issue_3.jpgSurf-Cont-Issue_4.jpg

The Surface is quite simple and I am modelling in an identical fashion as I would have in NX and would not have had any issues. I have attached images but am having security issues with uploading the CAD file; I would happily email is to anyone who thinks they may be able to help? SW 2014.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Jay.

Attachments

• Surf-Cont-Issue_3.jpg
    Surf-Cont-Issue_3.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back