Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

tapered helical sweep

G-mann

I am trying to make a helical cut along a tapered shaft. I am new to SE and at my witts end as to how this is done (14 year Pro-E vet). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Can you do a revolve translation along axis and then do a change in the radius?

We have I-Deas and we have them type of options but do now know if you can revolve translate and do a change in radius?!

I use two sketches, one for the revolve axis, and one for the desired shape to do the cut. Next select the helical cut function, and first select the center axis (sketch 1), then select the cut (sketch 2). Now at the right side of the pitch and # turns screen there is a window that is labeled "more". Select the more buton. Now you will see the words taper and pitch, taper is where you will enter your desired number. Hope this helps!!:)

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back