Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Thread

amnon

Hej,

I have a shaft with Metric Thick Pitch, and when I change shaft diameter I lost Laterar Face all the time. Is there any way the Laterar face following shaft diameter.

Best Regards
Amnon

Amnon,

As you know, by changing the diameter of the Shaft/Hole, the Thread size must also be changed to match.

You could use the Hole command to add a threaded hole in one step.

But, I don't know anyway to do external threads in one step (without a Macro or Powercopy). It would be nice to specify a thread size, and have the Shaft automatically sized.

You could setup a formula; the Thread Diameter = shaft diameter

After trying different options, I did notice that re-selecting the Thread Type would automatically change the thread size when I had the exact shaft diameter.

Thanks

I did forula the Thread Diameter = shaft diameter, but the problem is that thread diameter do not recognize thread surface

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back