Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Trying to creat a part from curved extrusion

Shawnusa

Hello first of all. New to the site and new to Solidworks 2009. I have been playing around now for awhile and experimenting with extruded and revolved shapes. Anyway, I created a hollow dome using the revolved extrude command. Worked great. Then I made a sketch to make extrude cut openings in the top (6 equally spaced in a circular pattern.) Worked great. Now I want to create a part that fits the curvature of the dome and within the cuts I created that conform to the shape of the dome. I need it to be a independant part that is movable. Up to this point all I have successfully done is make the panel but it's contrained to the dome and I can not move it. So how can you make a part that is movable, shaped to the curvature of an exisiting extrusion? I'm attaching my file for you to view. Again need to learn how to make a movable panel within each hole in the top of this dome. I hope someone can assist. I've learned alot but no where near good yet.

Thanks,

Shawn

Attachments

• Dome.zip
    182.4 KB · Views: 7

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back