Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Unbend or Flatten a Bent Sheet

M

matethreat

Hello,

I am fairly new to unigraphics and I am attempting to flatten out a bent part so that I can determine it's shape before bending for profiling.

Can anyone out there run me through this process.

Thank You

I've not used it extensively but in my experience I have always created a 'TAB' of the unbent part then bent it into the form that I want. This allows you then to flatten the part back into the unbent form.

If you already have a bent part then I think there is a feature you can use to convert it from a solid model to a sheet model.

Not sure if this is really any help - ??

If you have created a solid and you want to unbend it is there a feature called Convert to Sheetmetal after you set sa different parameters ex.bend radius, neutral factor..ecc

Bye

Yes there is a feature that is called Convert to Sheetmetal. :D that converts a solid model in a Sheetmetal.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back