Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

v5 Car rim parameters

gamblin

Hi,
I sketched out a car rim, (attached file) and I want to know how I can make this so that, its all constrained ultimately to the point where ALL I change is the diameter or radius of the rim and the entire thing expands proportionally. AND so that after say- 14 inches another hole in the center lug appears, not just make the 5 hole bigger..
thanks for any help :)

Attachments

• car_rim.zip
    173.7 KB · Views: 33
First, you need to determine which parameters you want to define. ie; wheel radius, wheel width, number of spokes, number of lug holes, etc.

Second, you need to determine the relationships (formulas) you want to use to calculate all the parameters from the wheel radius.

Then, you use the F(x) icon to add the parameters and formulas to the CATPart defining the wheel.

Third, go back through all the features and replace values you typed in, with the parameters you calculated. (right-click and select EDIT FORMULA)

Last edited by a moderator:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back