Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Welding nuts in solidworks positioning.

Bert F

From time to time I need to insert some welding nuts in a tube assembly under specified angle and position requirements.
As depicted below:

nuts.jpg

What is the most effective and efficient way to do this in Solidworks? Until now I did it in the following way I sketched in the parts an axis make a lot of reference geometry and use this to mate the two things together in a certainly angle an position. But are the other ways to accomplish this time consuming task? For example smart mates or something like this? It is very important that I can change afterwards the angles and positions easily.
Some ideas? Thanks in advance.

Re:

Make a reference plane at a required angle, then make a sketch. Simply extrude without merging in the part file only. Then you don't have to make the assembly. Later on if you want to change the angle then you can change the angle of reference plane directly.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back