Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

What if the Project 3D Elements results does not form a closed curve?

giangnguyen

Hi everyone,

As I want to measure a frontal area for drag coefficient calculation, I google it and I got this link:
http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=109791

I follow his instruction, but unfortunately, I form a not closed one. I have try to connect them point by point by splines but does not success.

Could you tell me what should I do? I attach pictures here for your reference.

Attachments

• not a closed curve.jpg
    not a closed curve.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Projected 3D.jpg
    Projected 3D.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 3
Project other surfaces where there are gaps, or add a line between the endpoints. You might have to delete projections that don't make sense. Depending on the desired accuracy of the measurement, you might have to "fake" some sections.

Last edited:
Dear Mr. CATIA,

Thank you for your support, I still cannot form a frontal area that looks reasonable. But never mind, it is just my curiosity. Maybe because of this difficulty, the terms drag area (= drag coefficient x area) is more common and useful. Thank you very much.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back